Building Maintenance Engineer- Mechanical
About the Facility
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service. They will also have access to the well priced and high quality food range available within the staff restaurant.
As the Building Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical), you will provide a first class building maintenance service to the hospital, covering reactive, project and schedule maintenance work and emergencies.
Hours: 40 hours/ week
Shifts: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, plus on call and weekend working as required
Salary: £26,983-£31,807 (Dependent on candidate experience)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To carry out mechanical duties on plants including PPMS e.g. AHU`s, Spilt Units, Fan Coils Units, Actuators, Compressors, clarifiers, pumps motors, water testing to meet L8 etc
- To work on planned preventive maintenance schedules, in line with departmental goals and objectives
- To respond to emergency maintenance and reactive maintenance as requested
- To prioritise work requests and carry them out efficiently
- To supervise external contractors as directed by the Team leader
- To carry out all work in adherence to Health and Safety and COSHH polices and guidelines and CDMs
- To operate a shift system or On Call as required
- To document all work accurately
- To assist in projects as required
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of City & Guilds (mechanical or plumbing) or equivalent
- Worked in a similar role is desirable in a similar role
- Solid experience in similar role
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and non verbal communications skills
About the Individual
The successful individual will be someone that takes ownership of their workload and is able to prioritise. They will need to be flexible and constantly providing solutions to situations.