My client is a leading professional services firm whose Regulatory team delivers regulatory compliance or risk management related support to firms that are authorised and regulated by the FCA or PRA.
This support might include authorisations, gap analysis, transformation, customer remediation and redress, regular visit support, training or advice/guidance on managing regulator intervention.
They are currently seeking an Adviser in the regional Regulatory Team, which comprises of 30 individuals that are spread across the North, the Midlands and the South.
- Advising clients on the impact of the changing regulatory landscapes on their business models and supporting them through that change.
- Delivering engagements (which might include multi-disciplinary engagements), which would typically include gap analysis, transformational support, remediation, training and authorisation assistance.
- Delivering these engagements individually or as part of an engagement team.
- Over time, managing smaller or less complicated engagements and overseeing the team delivering these.
- Playing a prominent role in business development for the Regulatory Team and wider business, which might include assisting in the building of propositions and taking these to market as well as identifying opportunities for on-sell from existing client engagements.
- Playing a role in research, insight development and knowledge management.
- The delivery of client work/internal projects to a thorough and exacting standard.
- Knowledge of the banking, mortgage, insurance and/or investment management sectors is desirable.
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework applicable to the banking, mortgage, insurance and/or investment management sectors is desirable.
- Knowledge of the consumer credit sector is essential as is knowledge of the UK regulatory framework applicable to the consumer credit sector.
- Active listener and effective communicator.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Issue identification and problem-solving skills (and proactive in thinking of new and creative ways to solve these problems).
- Proven ability to draft clear and concise written outputs.
- Proven ability to achieve results, even when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Networking, influencing and stakeholder management.
- Confident and highly motivated individual.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
- Proactively takes responsibility for own professional development and seeks to continually develop a breadth of knowledge and expertise.
- Experience of working in a regulatory compliance or risk management related role is essential.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in industry or other professional services firms.
This is a varied role that offers tremendous opportunity for development in of the UKs fastest growth professions at one of UK largest and more renowned regulatory consultancy practice. In terms of location, they are totally flexible and can accommodate candidates in either Manchester, Leeds or Birmingham.
Salary is entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.