Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant required for our client, a leading Fin Tech business.
This is a progressive role, where they see the successful individual moving into a Finance Manager role in the not too distant future. As Group Accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation, consolidation and analysis of budgets, forecasts, as well as monthly, quarterly and year-end results, ensuring their compliance with group policies and IFRS.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ACA QUALIFIED FROM THE BIG 4
Key skills required:
- ACA Qualified from the Big 4
- Candidates will either be newly qualified / 1-3 years PQE
- Ideally, you will have some experience within industry however candidates who are coming straight from Practice will absolutely be considered
- Must have a strong understanding of IFRS reporting standards and group consolidations
Role will include:
- Manage the time line and submission of accurate figures in the monthly consolidation process of the group figures for a multinational business. This will include being responsible for specific month end procedures and supporting the production of the Group accounts.
- Manage the timeline and deliverables from subsidiaries to ensure timely completion of all forecasting and budgeting procedures.
- Independently review and assesse the submissions of specific affiliates and liaise with subsidiaries as needed to ensure submissions are compliant with the business' requirements.
- Assist in the review and analysing of monthly figures and provides useful insight to the business in regards to profitability and variances.
- Be responsible for the creation of all management board packs that are distributed to the Group Management Team on a monthly basis.
- Support, as needed, compliance related efforts, including ensuring subsidiaries are compliant with local statutory and Group policies, under guidance from the Group Finance Manager.
- Perform various types of ad-hoc analysis and potentially represent Finance in project activities.
- Perform internal controls review and testing. With implementation of control standards for internal and external audit requirements.
- Be a key contact with the auditors and in the creation of the companies' annual report, including leading audit preparation activities, preparation of Group PBC files etc.
- Treasury - preparation of group cash flow forecasts and placing hedge contracts
- Tax - review of quarterly tax packs making sure they are filled in accurately and adequate tax planning across the group is achieved. Including the creation of an IFRS compliant tax note
- Act as the main point of contact, in support of CFO and Group Finance Manager, for external tax advisors in the UK and overseas geographies, supporting local finance leads as needed
- Ensure appropriate on-going training is delivered to global finance teams to ensure local statutory compliance and compliance with Group policies
- Supporting ad hoc projects ensuring tax implications are understood.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.