Audit & Accounts Semi Senior - study package available
Who are THP Accountants?
We are a growing firm of accountants with 4 offices located in Wanstead, Cheam, Chelmsford and Saffron Walden. There are just over 50 of us in the THP family with the vast majority of the team being with us for over 10 years.
As a firm we believe in putting our team and clients first, we have a family feel and recognise the importance of a happy workforce, as a THP team member you would receive a competitive salary, benefits that increase with service, great CPD and additional benefits including perk box (google it, it’s great!)
We are looking for x2 Semi Seniors to join our Wanstead Head Office in a busy dual function role. We are happy to continue supporting ACA or ACCA studies and will also consider candidates who are qualified by experience. This opportunity will suit an individual who is keen to increase their level of responsibility and gain real exposure dealing with a variety of clients and audit.
Although the roles reports predominantly into our Managers, you will also have reporting lines into client Directors, so communication skills and experience of managing your time effectively are both essential attributes.
It’s not all spreadsheets either, the team are a social bunch, think end of week drinks and social time on a Friday afternoon, dress down Fridays, and the occasional chair race around the office!
Our Wanstead office is located a stone’s throw from the tube station and sits amongst some great places to eat and boutique shops as well as greens to relax on at lunch time in the summer, there is also free local parking.
Overview of duties:
Audit - approx. 50% of the role (We are happy to train you on Audit)
- Complete whole sections of the audit pack in accordance with THP procedures and occasionally on smaller jobs acting as senior completing the whole file including notes/queries for director/manager
- Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision, delegate some elements of testing where appropriate and design specific tests if appropriate
- Resolve simple queries and refer more complex issues to your reporting Manager
- Manage own time and recognise any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed within budget
- Complete stock takes with minimal input from more senior members of staff
- Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs
- Be a point of contact on site for clients
- Requirement to travel and overnight stays (approx. 4 audits a year will require overnight stays)
Accounts - approx.50% of the role
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager
- Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- Compute Corporation Tax
- Attend client site and be the main contact for some clients on accounts related issues
Is this right for you?
As this is a small office you will need to be a great team player, happy to help out colleagues and be prepared to 'roll your sleeves up', to complement the current team, you will need the following skills and attributes:-
- Similar expeirence gained within a practice environment
- We are happy to support continued ACA or ACCA study, you will ideally be at the professional stage ACA or certificate stage ACCA-practice experience(including audit) required
- We will also consider applications from individual who are qualified by experience (QBE) and offer practice experience including audit.
- Double entry bookkeeping skills
- Basic tax knowledge - how to do corporation tax computations, PAYE,VAT
- Strong MS office required
- Experience of working with Xero, PCAS, Sage or IRIS would prove advantageous
- Good up-to date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication- oral and written, ability to deal with a variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks and prioritise accordingly.
If you would like to find out more please send us a copy of your CV. We will endeavour to contact successful applicants within 7 days of application.
THP operate and adhere to a strict equal opportunities policy.
Recruitment Agencies - our policy at THP
Whilst we acknowledge the value of recruitment agencies in helping us to source candidates at THP, we are committed to sourcing team members directly wherever possible.
Where it is appropriate for us to use the services of a recruitment agency, that agency will be a preferred supplier of THP Limited and will receive instruction directly from our HR Department. No other department within THP has authority to instruct an agency to recruit on our behalf. We do not pay agency fees unless terms of business have been agreed and a signed agreement is in place.
We reserve the right to contact any candidate whose details are sent on a speculative basis by a third party directly, without being liable for fees.
The submission of speculative CVs to any team member of THP Limited either directly or via our careers page, will be deemed to be an acceptance of this policy.