Blinds and Shutters Surveyor/Installer
Expanding Blinds Business looking for an additional person on the installation team that is able to cope with the fast pace and is comfortable being part of a small and growing team. Looking for someone with a desire to learn and progress with the company and enjoy it’s success. Are you looking to take the stress out of working for yourself or work for a family organisation where your input really matters?
Established for over 15 years and offering a full range of window blinds, conservatory blinds, plantation shutters and awnings, our client is both a manufacturer and supplier and a leader in bespoke and specialised blinds products in London and the home counties, including motorisation. They supply to mainly retail customers including some larger corporate customers as well as trade customers. We are currently looking to fill this position as a fitter/installer as soon as possible. Would suit someone who is very practical, organised, and that thrives in a busy environment.
The job is both specialised and interesting, dealing with customers in their homes and working as part of a team. Full training will be provided. Previous experience in the blinds and shutters industry is useful but not essential as full training will be given. Previous experience as proof of practical skills and ability is essential, as well as the ability to deal with customers and technical know-how.
Skills & Experience
Do you have experience in any of these areas or something similar:
- Blinds, curtains or shutters installation
- Window or door fitting
- Carpentry / Carpenter / Joinery
- Conservatory installation
- Kitchen or bedroom fitting
- Shop fitting
- Plumbing or electrical installations
- Someone with a good grasp of technical basics with a practical ability, particularly the ability to measure accurately.
- Able to use ladders and steps, hand tools, power tools and carry some heavier items.
- Basic grasp of modern IT software and applications. Ability to use an iPad, basic in house systems and e-mails.
- Able to survey accurately and communicate requirements and survey sheets back to the office or direct to the supplier
- Good communicator and ability to offer excellent customer service both face to face and over the phone.
- Team-worker who is comfortable working in an established growing family business environment and would fit in as part of the team.
- Able to work well on your own using initiative to solve problems as they are encountered.
- Hardworking and flexible with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly organised individual with excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Good command of English.
- To be punctual, presentable and curteous, communicating at all times with the team and the customers.
- Make sure products are ready for the fit date and to check that all tools, spares and parts are carried in order to complete the installation successfully according to the survey.
- To strictly follow the company health and safety guidelines and work in a professional and safe manner at all times.
- To install blinds, shutters and curtains, take pride in all work completed and tidy and clean up properly.
- Demonstrate the finished product, explain child safety and aftercare, and obtain the customer sign off.
- When required, take balance payment, update customer status on the iPad and hand out marketing material and feedback forms.
- To understand and learn the technical aspects of the product range, and to have the ability to survey and measure accurately as well as make alterations as necessary on site.
- Ensure the client is happy with the service they receive and report back to the rest of the team.
- Full time position
- Flexible working hours based on a 5 day week which will include some evenings as required to get a job finished and Saturdays.
- Salary paid monthly via BACS
- Company vehicle for use, unrestricted driving license required.
- Company 3G iPad provided
- Salary consists of basic pay for 40 hours contract + Overtime payment + Target Driven Bonus