Software Design Team Lead - Embedded
One of the world leaders in the Smart Lighting Solutions industry are currently looking for a Software Design Team Lead - Embedded to join their renowned and very well established R&D department based in County Durham.
My client are market leaders in their field and have an excellent software development team. They are looking to hire a Software Design Team Lead - Embedded to help drive new projects which include pioneering electronic component solutions for the lighting industry.
They are very committed to developing their staff and up skilling them into the latest technologies so they can equip their engineers with the best tools possible to do their job. This allows the successful Software Design Team Lead - Embedded to manage their engineers in an environment where everyone feels appreciated and part of a team.
Their current team is has 6+ highly skilled Embedded Software Engineers and they have plans to expand the team further in the coming months.
Key Responsibilities for the Software Design Team Lead - Embedded will include:
- Develop and help manage the Embedded Software Engineering team.
- Define, deploy and implement software development methodologies, best practices, and standard work to achieve the highest product quality while continuously improving performance, productivity and execution of the software organisation.
- Software Architecture and vision of their products.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for the Software Design Team Lead - Embedded:
- Experience working through design, development, release cycle and delivering software to market for embedded products.
- Experienced in embedded C programming.
- Proven experience with real time embedded software development and various flavours of embedded Linux OS and Windows.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Engineering Degree (or similar) in a relevant engineering discipline such as Computer Science/ Embedded Electronics
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Design Team Lead - Embedded to join a dynamic team of design engineers working on the next generation of their complex, high speed digital electronic products.