Application Service Analyst - Maternity Cover
Here at New Look we like to think of ourselves as Rock Stars! Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
LIFE AT NEW LOOK
London and Weymouth are the core homes of our Icons within key support functions such as Buying, Merchandising, Design, Digital, HR, Finance to name a few… Not forgetting our stores which are the heart of our business, bringing all of the creativity and innovation to life and our distribution centres in Stoke-on-Trent supplying the goods.
All of our products are designed within our support centre to help you express your style, your way. We will give you the opportunity to be the best, boldest and most individual self within your job role allowing you to take your skill set wherever you want it to go.
As a growing global workplace there will be opportunity to mobilise your skillset should you want to work internationally. You will be working alongside inspirational leaders, colleagues and friends who will embrace your ideas.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
You will be responsible for the management of defined applications by installing, configuring, upgrading, administering, monitoring and maintaining the applications to keep them in a usable state, ensuring they are correct, consistent and available at all required times.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Providing subject matter expertise to assist other teams e.g. input into designs, input into test plans.
• Engaging with project teams to confirm that solutions developed meet the acceptance criteria
• Carrying out tasks as required by the Project Manager (e.g. documentation of changes and related support procedures, technical testing, support of test environments, development of scripts and/or management of configuration changes)
• Assessing and analysing release components
• Carrying out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users
• Providing 2nd line support for assigned applications, including minor upgrades, fixes and minor enhancements as required
• Responding to calls logged by the IT Service Desk, maintaining call records and providing appropriate and timely communication to customers
• Investigating all assigned incidents to root cause so that fixes can be developed as appropriate
• Retiring applications as required
• Managing the escalation to third line support teams (in-house or third party) where appropriate and maintaining management of escalated incidents to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution
• Using application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports
• Contributing to the definition and execution of preventative maintenance schedules for assigned applications so that preventable systems failures are minimised
• Contributing to the definition and execution of a continuous improvement schedule for assigned applications so that business operations can benefit from improved service
• Drafting and maintaining procedures and documentation for applications support
• Supporting the identification and management of risks
• Identifying how best to meet the business requirements - whether through extending their use through development of small scale enhancements to the applications
• Co-ordinating the implementation of fixes or small scale enhancements to the applications whether through directly undertaking the configurations required, or through management of third party resources to undertake the required application development
• When incidents, problems and service requests are assigned to third reviewing third party specifications, carrying out acceptance testing, taking changes through change control and overseeing implementation
YOU WILL HAVE:
• A degree in IT or relevant business topic (preferred)
• ITIL Foundation level qualification (desirable)
• Working knowledge of ITIL principles
• Working knowledge of tools used for application support at New Look (e.g. HEAT, Jira and RPAS Configuration Tools) (desirable)
• Microsoft SQL skills (including use of Enterprise Manager) (desirable)
• Oracle skills (including use of Oracle Forms, SQL Developer, ANSI SQL and OEM) (desirable)
• Working knowledge of FTP and SFTP
• Hands on knowledge of UNIX
• Working knowledge of GMC PrintNet designer
• Working knowledge of tools used for application support at New Look (e.g. HEAT, VNC, RemoteWare, VisualCron, SCOM and LANDesk) (desirable)
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems including service management, software installation and configuration skills (desirable)
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. VB Script, Windows batch scripts, FTP and SFTP) (desirable)
• Understands New Look’s business priorities and processes
• Working knowledge of New Look’s applications from both a functional and technical perspective
As well as the opportunity for great career progression and potential international travel, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 50%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do! Not to mention our 4pm Friday finishes, what more could you want?