Product Manager - Media/Publisher
Product Manager - Media/Publisher - £55,000 - £65,000
This is a great opportunity to join one of the leading publishers in both traditional print and also online publications. With over 50 titles spanning both Europe and America they truly are one of the biggest hitters in the publishing world.
They are looking to hire a Product Manager to work alongside the digital teams in the UK, US and Europe to support their digital publications. The role of the product manager will involve helping to deliver their next generation publishing platform.
The platform is designed to help editors achieve their goals more efficiently and effectively, and publish to an audience of millions across our digital properties. If you are interested in finding out more, keep reading.
The role is split in to 4 areas:
- Own product planning, documentation and on-going migration of multiple properties to a global CMS platform built from ground up.
- Create product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation for example user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases.
- Support the end-to-end development process from planning, to working sessions, to feature review and everything in-between.
- Work with product leads to evolve high-level strategic vision into actionable tactics that drive the platform forward.
- Form business cases around product features involving stakeholders across countries and groups as appropriate.
- Liaise with internal customers (editors, management, product, sales) to bring meaningful product solutions to drive lift and behavior change.
- Liaise with colleagues across the business on a regular basis from developers and scrum masters to digital directors.
- Work with core agile team including but not limited to technical architects, developers, designers and QA throughout the product lifecycle to ensure your product features meet goals and objectives.
- Be the product lead on two scrum teams, involved in all agile scrum ceremonies from stand-up to retro.
Product development using agile
- Product management experience at a media or technology company.
- Proven success in a rigorous agile environment, shipping product.
- Experience supporting / driving scrum ceremonies including grooming & planning.
- Track record executing in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and an understanding of how to design & and analyse tests.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to inspire others and push through barriers.
- Facility with data collection, tagging and analysis as well as 3rd party editorial analytics providers (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Omniture, SEO tools e.g. Searchmetrics, Webmaster tools)
- Passionate about digital media, social media, advertising and digital media trends.
Where do I apply?
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for Andrew Mason