Learning Services Technologist (Instructional design)
AAT is the UK’s leading qualification and membership body for vocational accountants. We were recently AAT named in Sunday Times 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For 2017, also achieving the Best Companies one star accreditation status
Our Learning Services Technologist is responsible for creating e-learning using Articulate Storyline as well as liaising with suppliers and Subject Matter Experts, and researching and selecting appropriate technology. You will be expected to review and test products and use your expertise to ensure accuracy and suggest improvements. You should be passionate advocate of instructional design and learning technology and have great communication skills. You should constantly strive for excellence.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to scope and design e-learning and e-assessment products.
- Use appropriate software to develop and modify e-learning and e-assessment software.
- Produce e-learning content using appropriate publishing options.
- Manage the upload process and facilitate access to e-learning resources.
- Actively keeps abreast of developments in instructional design and learning technologies.
- Review new and existing products to ensure product meets specification.
- Develop processes for effectively archiving content.
- Show an excellent attention to detail when reviewing content.
- Ensure that product is delivered according to schedule.
- Acts as consultant, mentor or change agent for other staff within their institution.
- Maintain and develop software skills as per person specification.
- Understanding of HTML code.
- An interest in video/audio and graphic development.
- Work across different teams to ensure effective scoping and sign off.
- Collaborate with teams across different departments to ensure product is fit for purpose.
- Ensure that Subject Matter Experts and Suppliers deliver content as per schedule.
- Support the effective collaboration between members of the Product Development team and other teams / divisions across AAT.
- Generous annual leave entitlements starting at 25 days raising with service up to 30 days
- Group Personal Pension Scheme whereby AAT will contribute up to a maximum of 10.15%
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental pay
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Medical cash plan