Gerrard McCall are currently recruiting on behalf of an educational Tour Operator, specialising in bespoke group travel. Providing a variety of educational travel experiences to 200,000 students each year to destinations throughout the world.
Part Time Permanent Role - 08:30am to 5:00pm, 3 days per week (flexible)
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing general support to the UK Senior Accountant and UK finance team in the day to day running of the UK operations as well as some exposure to the international side of the organisation. This is a highly dynamic role so you must be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work as well as having excellent time management skills. The ability to work as part of a team is essential but you must also be able to work under your own initiative at times.
Full training and ongoing support on the in-house finance systems will be provided to the successful candidate, however, the ability to learn and pick up new tasks quickly and efficiently is essential in this role.
Your duties will include:
- Downloading and formatting monthly UK credit card expenses and e-mailing to card holders for coding
- Processing credit card expenses
- Liaising with Tour Operation teams on missing/incorrect credit card expenses
- Assisting in preparation of journals for review by Senior Accountant prior to uploading to accounting system
- Weekly SG&A (overhead) payments for UK offices
- Preparing client invoices and issuing ATOL certificates
- Preparing regular credit control reports
- Processing tour guide expense reports
- Issuing cash advances to tour guides via the loading of funds onto their pre-paid tour cards
- Banking any cheques received
- Handling any general finance enquiries from Ops Teams and UK Sales Teams
- Previous experience in a Finance role
- Excellent IT and Computer Skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- An understanding of foreign exchange and currency contracts