Digital Communications Officer
- To manage website content.
- To write, commission, edit and maintain website and digital communications content, such as e-mail newsletters, to a high technical and editorial standard.
- To manage National Centre’s social media presence.
- To assist with the development of online resources on the National Centre’s website.
- Internal communications.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To write, edit and review content for the NCUB website and be responsible for its development ensuring that it is suitable for the target audience.
- Commission and edit articles and blog posts from experts to ensure the website is constantly updated with authoritative and challenging content.
- To manage website content, making changes and corrections as required.
- To manage NCUB's social media presence including generating content for its Twitter feed and other platforms such as Linkedin
- Write and send National Centre e-mail newsletter(s). To include maintenance of contact databases.
- To be aware of new developments in sectors in which the National Centre has an interest.
- To produce reports and analysis and development plans for continuing improvements to the website and maintain site style guide.
- Advise on optimisation of sites, including web copy best practice and SEO incl managing Ad Words campaigns.
- Manage domains and agency relationships
- Photography and basic video production
- To be familiar with and adhere to the NCUB’s equal opportunities policy and equality legislation and implement them in relation to job responsibilities in employment and service delivery.
- Any other duties required commensurate with the seniority of the post.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Media and PR - related background
- Proven experience of managing websites including creating and uploading content and working with web developers
- Knowledge of HTML and content management systems, particularly Joomla and Wordpress
- Experience of sending e-mail newsletters through online providers such as MailChimp
- Strong track record of utilising corporate and or not-for-profit social media platforms
- Knowledge of web, online and social media technologies
- Strong writing, copyediting and proofreading skills with the ability to make complex information accessible, crafting engaging online copy, and a familiarity with optimising text for search engines
- Experience of producing and managing multimedia content such as images, film and audio, including some experience of basic film editing
- Basic knowledge of the Higher Education Sector
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with a flair for understanding client requirements
- Flexibility and willingness to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent organisational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and manage a varied workload