Technical Engineer Linux, Networking
An exclusive and trusted client is currently searching for a Technical Engineer who has been exposed to a Linux environment. This a highly customer focused and technical position which will expose the chosen candidate to a wide array of Network Infrastructures.
The chosen candidate will be have at least 3 years experience working within a busy IT environment. The candidate will have an excellent technical aptitude and be a strong team player.
- Responsibility for all technical communications with our customer base including (but not limited to) Support Tickets, Conference Calls and Face to Face meetings/presentations
- Responsibility for proactive monitoring and fault finding on network equipment on key customer's fleets
- Undertaking some troubleshooting against known issues before handing the issue over to a technical expert
- Managing escalations to 3rd line for unsolvable issues and championing bug fixes for their customers
- On Site support for network testing and analysis
- Responsible for supporting & training our Sweden based 1st line support team and keeping all customer/network information up-to-date on our internal wiki
- Assisting with software testing of new firmware releases
Key Technical Skill Set;
- Experience in working within the Wi-Fi or passenger transport industries
- Basic knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Experience working with IP based networks
- Knowledge of the mobile network landscape and technologies used in the UK and Europe
- Experience of working within an ITIL environment
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.