Lead Web Developer (Ruby on Rails, SQL)
Key Skills: Team Leader, Web, Developer, Ruby on Rails, SQL, Django, Symfony, Spring, Stripes, CodeIgniter
Location: Treforest, South Wales
Salary: To £39K (Fixed Term - 16 months) + Benefits
Our client, in the Education Sector, is looking for an experienced Lead Web Developer with skills in Ruby on Rails (or Django, Symfony, Spring, Stripes, CodeIgniter) and SQL. You will lead a small team working on the development, integration and implementation of their new Curriculum Management System. You will have direct line management responsibility and will be expected to develop the capability of Developers within the team and encourage a team ethos to problem solving, as well as working on their own initiative.
As an experienced Lead Web Developer, you must have:
- An excellent understanding of the development life cycle of business applications
- Team leadership skills
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails (or Django, Symfony, Spring, Stripes, CodeIgniter)
- Knowledge of SQL/Server, MySQL or POSTGRESQL database systems
- Knowledge of source control systems, e.g. GIT
- Knowledge of programming practices, include release management.
Please apply if you have Team Leadership experience with Web Development, using Ruby on Rails (or Django, Symfony, Spring, Stripes, CodeIgniter) and SQL.
NB: this vacancy is for a 16-month Fixed Term
This Lead Web Developer (Ruby on Rails, Django, Symfony, Spring, Stripes, CodeIgniter, SQL) role is commutable from: Swansea, Neath, Bridgend, Cardiff, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport (Gwent).
This is a specialist IT vacancy. Please do not apply unless you have the relevant skills and experience.