Music Administration Assistant
£19387 per annum for 36 hours per week based at:
Surrey Arts, 14 The Pines, Broad St, Guildford, GU3 3BH.
This post will provide operational administrative support ensuring smooth service delivery and assisting with county-wide music and arts projects.
24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
The Surrey Arts service comprises music teaching delivered to over 10,000 students across the county each year through lessons, ensembles and courses.
- You will be undertaking general and varied administrative duties in order to provide support to a front line operational team within Surrey Arts.
- Using the bespoke music administration system, you will organise timetables for a number of teachers.
- You will maintain good communications with Surrey Arts customers and key partner organisations, providing quality advice and support.
- You will coordinate some arrangements for team meetings and events.
- You will be expected to deal with complex telephone enquiries, a wide range of correspondence, and diary management.
- You will provide operational support to a wide range of different Surrey Arts projects and other projects which Surrey Arts has a key stakeholder involvement in, such as The Royal Albert Hall, Barbican and other celebratory arts events, some of which may require working outside of normal working hours, for which time off in lieu will be given.
- This is a generalist role; your duties will be varied according to the needs of the service.
We’re looking for candidates who...
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are well organised and able to work under pressure, on occasions, to tight deadlines.
- Have excellent customer service and IT skills.
- Preferably have previous experience of working in a busy office environment
- Have the ability to work as part of a team whilst being proactive and using your initiative.
This post also has the opportunity to study for an apprenticeship whilst working.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 9 July 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing 31 July 2017.
Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.