Data Analyst - Supply Chain
Our client is offering a fantastic opportunity to join their business as Forecasting Coordinator.
The primary purpose of this positon is to develop and maintain operational and forecasting processes to continually update forecasting & projections as well as the data that supports it.
- Ability to interpret data and convert information from the systems into management information
- Analyse sales information and inbound logistics to create a sales forecast
- Anticipate issues and the impact this will have on the business and monitor problems to provide realistic feedback on sales forecasts
- Advanced Excel (including VBA, Macros, Pivot Tables, and mySQL) and data analytical skills
- A strong standard of numeracy
- Prior experience working in logistics, sales office / administration analysis is beneficial
- Outgoing personality, used to dealing with all levels in company
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (30 minute lunch hour each day), 24 days holiday, Life Assurance (Death in Service) x2 annual salary and Nest Pension.
Salary of £27,000 per annum.
This is a heavily based analytical role which importantly requires a candidate with exceptional communication skills as you will report directly into the Operations Director whilst providing information to all senior management.
- Maintain projections reporting, monitoring key areas that are affecting progress to targets
- Ensure top-level dashboards and reporting is up to date and understandable to all levels of the business
- Recognise, monitor, and analyse trends in the Business Sales order books to foresee future issues
- Prepare and present reports, data visualisations, and tables detailing issues in the orderbook and future movement
- Liaise with Sales & Finance on Forecasts to build into Projections reporting
- Measure accuracy of Delivery dates / Stock arrival dates within system and liaise with Purchasing/Logistics if necessary
- Monitor stock availability for the business and completeness of customer deliveries, monitoring shortfalls/drops
- Troubleshoot system/coding issues, liaising with IT to ensure quality of information in system
- Examine and report on seasonal order book accumulation to previous year's season
- Create ad hoc forecasts, sales projections, and other reporting to assist senior management and colleagues
- Deliver updates to Sales teams regarding progress to Budgets and current forecasting status
- Give assistance to Sales, Customer Service, and Logistics & Operations on an ad-hoc basis
- Provide support to Operations Director in managing Distribution Centre KPI's and Metrics on a weekly basis
- Routinely examine own methodologies to find ways of improving predictive accuracy
Continuous focus on:
- Accuracy of sales forecast / projections and issues within the order book
- Quality of data in the system and reconciliation of order books to systems
- Update to sales forecast / projections at high level of detail approx. 6 months ahead (seasonally)
- Manage cancellations/completions - ensure all orders not invoiced are resolved as required
- Manage backlog - ensure backlog is still shippable - dealing with those that are not in an appropriate manner
- Communicate across the business ensuring all colleagues receive the best level of service
- Identify issues that create extra work/cost and proactively work with colleagues to improve practices affecting these issues
- Assisting the Logistics & Stock Control Manager
- Prepare and update reports for the Board showing current business order book status and Operations Metrics / KPI's
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.