Conveyancing Legal Secretary
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a law firm who offer proper old-fashioned customer service with a fresh and modern approach. My client who is based in Chelmsford are looking for a Legal Secretary with extensive conveyancing experience. You will be required to deliver secretarial and administrative support together with a flexible and positive approach to working in a busy and demanding growing firm.
- You take pride in doing a great job
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You gain job satisfaction from providing the highest level of client service
- You are good humoured and enjoy banter with colleagues
- Being organised and accurate makes you happy
- You're looking to join a great team for the long term
- You are a team player and communicate well with clients and peers
About the Role
Your key duties will include: -
- Audio & Copy Typing
- Providing quotes to prospective clients
- Land Registry Direct system application forms
- Opening files and proceeding with the initial stages of conveyancing transactions
- Post-exchange searches (eg bankruptcy and Land Registry searches)
- Complete Stamp Duty Land Tax forms (both on-line and paper)
- Post-completion procedures
- Answering the telephone
- Dealing with Clients face to face
- File Opening / File Closure
- Using our Document Management System - Osprey
- Participating in team meetings
Working as part of a wider Admin Team you will also be required to take part on the Admin Team rota and the hours for this are 8.30 - 5.00, 9.00 - 5.30 and 9.30 - 6.00 where reception cover is also required.
Our client requires someone who is experienced, driven, bubbly and to whom client care is of the utmost importance.
Salary circa £18k - £21k dependant on experience.