Corporate Sponsorship and Development Manager -Home or Office Ba
Corporate Sponsorship & Development Manager - Home or Office Based: Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are pleased to be supporting a national charity with offices in Norfolk, London, Manchester and Newcastle with the search for a Corporate Sponsorship & Development Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to be either home based or commutable to their head office in a beautiful rural location.
This charity supports a pathway for `at risk` veterans to re-integrate back into society and sustain their independence. At the heart of this journey is employment. With unemployment twice as high among returning soldiers, compared to the rest of the workforce; and in line with The Armed Forces Covenant, the support provided is designed to ensure `Our` Wounded are not disadvantaged by service compared to other citizens.
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising, the key focus of this role is to generate `new business` income from corporates across the UK and predominately outside of London.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Work alongside the Director of Fundraising to generate new business income from Corporate UK; with a core focus on sponsorship, against pre-determined budgets and to account manage existing partners.
- Ensure income is generated through various means such a sponsorship of our events and expeditions, positioning the charity as the `military` charity of choice for Corporate UK and recruiting members for our `100 Club`
- Work collegiately with other members of the fundraising team (events in particular) to support and enhance their high profile events.
- To ensure that all the work within the fundraising function is consistent with our purpose, values and vision.
Skills and Attributes Required
- A track record of successfully hitting new business income targets in a `sales` orientated environment is crucial to the role.
- Experience of stewarding, managing and closing new business in face to face meetings with senior decision-makers within Corporate UK is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to meet and talk face to face with a range of people - business people, trustees, beneficiaries and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to write and present clearly, concisely and accurately when contacting supporters.
- Exceptional organisational skills - managing competing priorities and own workload.
- Ability to show initiative as well as think creatively and logically.
- Ability to work as part of a team in an office environment or remotely.
- A gregarious character and ability to `muck` in as part of a small and flexible team is crucial as is the ability to travel across the UK for events / meetings.
- IT literate - proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- The charity trades on hope and inspiration NOT sorrow and pity so positive character traits are crucial to the success of this position.
Salary and Benefits
On offer is a salary circa £30,000 per annum plus commission. As well as a 4% Employers Pension Contribution, 21 days annual leave, private medical and a mobile phone.
Commission on `new business` is capped at 75% of base salary for OTE.
If you are have the skills required and are interested in this excellent opportunity we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: charity, sponsorship, fundraising, sales, development, home based
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.