Workshop Foreman Sudbury Salary 25,000 negotiable and dependent on experience
Excellent opportunity for an experienced construction professional with a background in Brick cutting and arch-making to join and be part of a fast growing brick cutting company.
The business is a principle brick manufacturer with over 25 years experience servicing the building industry, working alongside numerous clients including architects, developers, builders, and private clients to design both decorative and practical solutions for brick buildings, new and old.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the workshop, in order to produce a high quality product. Allocate jobs to staff according to skill levels.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the fabrication workshop
- Provide technical advice and assistance as required.
- Ensure fabrication deadlines are met.
- Allocate job sheets to staff depending on skill level
- Compare finished product against job sheet requirements
- Ensure operator understands job sheet before cutting to avoid wastage
- Check over job sheets and ensure bricks are safely packed and correctly labelled
- Be first point of contact for any health and safety issues in the workshop
- Train new employees in safe use of machines and procedures
- Collect job sheets and check on a weekly basis
- Undertake performance appraisals, and manage staff on a daily basis
- Produce bespoke, top quality materials from drawings
- Decipher drawings before cutting to minimise wastage
Experience and skills required:
- Former brick cutting / arch making experience
- Forklift driving licence
- Supervisory Experience
- Dynamic, Hands on management style
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage different personalities and create team ethos
- Personal Characteristics Confidence in delegating
- Able to prioritise
- Confident decision maker
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am 5.00pm (Flexibility may be required) Based at the main manufacturing site in Sudbury. Salary is 25,000pa negotiable and dependent on experience.