Graphic/ web designer in Dorset
This is an exciting opportunity for designers with interest and experience in graphic/ print/ web design to join a mid-size, ambitious design agency, overlooking the harbor in Poole, Dorset. Our main focus has been providing digital solutions (primarily web design and SEO) to members of the medical industry but we also provide full general graphic design services and will be expanding into other industries.
Established in 2000, we’re a fast-growing agency working almost exclusively with the medical profession with a portfolio of almost 500 ongoing clients.
Our core business is designing and managing web sites for individual dental practices but we’ve expanded our offering to include a full range of graphic design services, and have taken on a number of large corporate clients.
We have a young, dynamic team of 9 designers who’re encouraged to take an interest in, and input ideas relating to all aspects of the business. We are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People standard, and are committed to developing the skills and qualifications of our team.
Due to our continual growth we are looking to expand our team with a graphic designer brimming with ideas, enthusiasm and ability.
You will be required you to design and produce a full range of marketing solutions ranging from corporate branding and logos, through to 40 page product catalogues, brochures, literature and web sites.
You will be producing innovative graphic designs based upon a brief provided by account managers and direct client liaison. Designs are amended based upon client feedback and once the design has been signed off you will liaise with the printers/ build populate the web site.
We’re looking for a Mid-Weight Designer with plenty of graphic design experience, a strong background in print with a comprehensive knowledge of options, finishes, etc and branding experience. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio that illustrates design skills across many different media and a range of clients. At least 3 years proven track record in a creative agency, with a strong background in B2C design.
- The ability to concept ideas for new designs and enhance already made designs
- A portfolio with extensive print design experience
- An incredibly strong eye for detail and ability to really drive crisp designs
- Sophisticated sense of typography and an understanding of its relevance to great design, both online and offline
- Strong Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator capabilities
- A working knowledge and experience with Wordpress, HTML, CSS and JS.
- An understanding of RWD principles
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- A passion for fun with a proactive ’can-do, will-do’ attitude to be successful and learn.
- Ability to work on own initiative, under direction and within a team, as appropriate.
- Able to share opinions/ ideas.
- Willing to take 'design changes’/ comments on board!
- Education to degree level or equivalent (Graphic Design / Art / Communication / Digital Media).
- Illustration and drawing skills.
- Photography knowledge
- Animation skills.
- Knowledge of SEO.
You will work in a great open plan office environment with beautiful sea views and wonderful music! The basic salary will depend on experience/ qualifications etc, but the package is likely to be in the range of £25 000, we offer performance related bonus, plus profit share scheme, up to 28 days holiday (not including Bank Holidays!), pension, medical cash plan, income protection, permanent health, share option scheme etc.