Working for a dynamic chartered professional body, which has 49% of members and 60% of students outside the UK.
This newly created 'marketing leader' role will have high impact across the organisation, advocating a new approach to delivering marketing and planning.
We are interested in ambitious marketing professionals with experience in, and a flair for data and analytics.
Please note, our client is happy to provide people management training for a talented data-driven, analytical marketeer who currently perhaps has 'dotted-line', indirect or a small amount of people management experience.
Purpose of Job
You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the overall marketing plan, and for co-ordinating, interrogating and supporting the development of its component marketing plans for events, membership and careers.
You will conduct market research and evaluation to establish marketing priorities, and develop effective measurement tools and approaches to define success.
- The job holder will have responsibility to create and implement a fiscal marketing plan with regular forecasting against performance.
- This role has direct line management of 2 X FTE marketing specialists, and virtual management of ½ X FTE. The job holder is expected to provide specialist marketing advice, expertise and support to other areas of the organisation who own and operate their own marketing plans. The job holder will also run special projects for operational marketing issues, with need from time to time to mobilise colleagues from other organisational areas.
- Create, develop, forecast and review an organisation-wide marketing strategy and a plan for meeting agreed targets of all product areas and service metrics. Forecast and manage budget.
- Conduct market research to define areas for audience development, and ensure maximum impact of marketing activities. Conduct internal and external benchmarking. Keep a watching brief on relevant market trends, and report back to the organisation on what this means for marketing strategy and innovation.
- Working with colleagues in organisational areas responsible for this organisation's products, support and evolve their points of differentiation and benefit statements. Use research techniques to ensure pay-points are feasible and relevant. Define product parameters so that the professional body can effectively market them.
- Set key marketing KPIs, and develop effective measurement techniques to report performance.
- Use regular interrogation and measurement of activities to inform regular re-planning and re-forecasting, and drive adoption of a measurement and research based iterative planning loop.
- Demonstrate, coach and develop marketing colleagues in best marketing practice. Manage a small team of marketing specialists to high performance.
- Write briefs for the development and production of marketing materials, and online communications that are designed to achieve a defined objective, and are appropriate to key audiences.
- Act as stakeholder and project lead for specialist marketing operational projects.
- Act as overall marketing stakeholder of member database, creating and monitoring processes for multiple owners to effectively use the same data to contact members for different marketing objectives.
Knowledge and Experience in:
- Creating and developing complex marketing plans, forecasting multiple products, and different types of products, and recommending budgetary priorities.
- Market research techniques, benchmarking and trend monitoring, and of using these to inform development of a marketing plan.
- Propositional development for a membership organisation, educational organisation, or other organisation with comparable complexities.
- Setting up measurement approaches, analyse data, report success, and use results to inform planning and re-forecasting.
- Influencing and persuading stakeholders to adopt new processes and approaches, and co-author successful plans.
Some travel required to UK offices.
Application deadline: 1700, Thursday 22nd June 2017.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.