An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Research Analyst to join an established Product Development team based in Woking, Surrey.
You will work on a growing international team conducting research on publically traded companies derived from proprietary data assets. This would suit an energetic and motivated individual seeking to develop their critical thinking skills to serve the audience in the institutional investment space.
My client is a fast growing, entrepreneurial company with a flat organisational structure. Analysts are not only focused on research but are also considered key contributors to the growth of the business and product development. You will be positively surprised by how significant a contribution you can make towards both the direction and success of the company.
You will help build a build a unique product and service that provides clients actionable insight into the markets and companies covered. Your team is global, the companies you cover are global, and you will service and engage with clients globally.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Day-to-day will primarily consist of data processing and mining a proprietary Big Data database using excel and power pivot.
- Daily monitor of current market news (examples: product launches, stock movement, competitive research).
- Liaison amongst global satellite offices and the primary Business Intelligence team to ensure accuracy of data extraction and extrapolation.
- Constantly comparing the signals coming from the proprietary dataset with other external data points, such as company reports, news stories, and investor events.
- You will be responsible for monthly deliveries of data solutions to clients, including concise and impactful written analysis.
- Must effectively communicate our messages to clients, top tier hedge funds and mutual funds.
- Being a part of a highly collaborative international team
?Experience, skills and competencies suited to the role
- Excellent Verbal and Written skills. Reports must be proof read and to the point, serving internal and external audiences.
- Self-confidence while presenting to peers and clients.
- Solid analytical skills and an experience reporting (verbally and visually) diverse data sets.
- A keen eye for quality control. The ability to recognise data errors, likely the result of human error in the database.
- A willingness to dive into large, complex data sets to create unique, actionable analysis.
- High proficiency of Microsoft Excel (Power Pivot, Macros, Formulas) is a must.
- Knowledge of SQL databases.
- Knowledge of R is a plus.
- The ability to create meaningful data visualisation charts in Excel.
- The ability to think on your feet when challenged, being responsive to client needs.
This is a great opportunity to join an international organisation that offers exceptional career development and a fantastic working environment. If you are interested in finding a challenging role that will utilise your intelligence and ability for original thinking then please get in touch.
Experis are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered.