Marketing and Administrative Assistant

Renato Recruitment Limited
Islington, London
19 Jun 2017
19 Jul 2017
Contract Type
Full Time

An exciting Marketing and Administration Assistant vacancy has arisen at our clients busy London office. Our client is a well-established, reputable Islington based law firm, specialising in Employment, Private Client, Property, Commercial and Litigation. This is an exciting opportunity to join a modern, forward thinking firm. They are located in Islington and the Employment Team, where you will be based, is a short walk away right in the heart of the fashionable Angel/Upper Street area with its trendy shops and restaurants, including Angel Central and Islington Square, a brand new retail development.

They communicate with our clients and prospective clients using a variety of modern media, including Skype, email, Linkedin, YouTube and Twitter. They try and avoid paper and snail mail where possible. They recognise that we (and the rest of the world) are on a fast trajectory of constant change towards ever more instant means of keeping in touch and exchanging communications. We do our best to keep up!

This is a multi-faceted role which comprises of many different areas, working under the Head of Employment Law who is also the Partner with responsibility for marketing. Around 25% of the role will be general office administration, assisting the Employment Team and other departments where necessary. As a small firm, we have a strong sense of teamwork, whereby everyone needs to 'muck in’ and help when needed. The other 75% or so of the role will be organising and running events and trade shows, managing the social media platforms, writing and publishing blogs, maintaining the company website, analysing strategy success and being the first point of all for any marketing enquiries. A great opportunity for skilled multi-taskers to hit the ground running.


  • Liaising with main office for post, deliveries and stationery.

  • Updating precedent documents

  • Circulating important information to staff

  • General office upkeep

  • Corresponding with clients via email, letter and telephone

  • Case management

  • Collating and analysing new client data

  • Taking initial enquiries

  • Greeting clients

    Marketing, Events, Social Media & Web management

    Writing and distributing newsletters and blogs

  • Dealing with marketing and PR enquiries

  • Manage the Website - staff pages, blogs, updates etc.

  • 24/7 approach to Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google +

  • Manage and organise events, webinars and trade shows, including merchandise ordering

  • Pitching ideas and strategies to the Marketing Committee, taking meeting minutes to distribute

  • Planning and distributing weekly email marketing bulletins and updates

  • Engaging with local businesses and charities

  • Designing and ordering bespoke merchandise, flyers, brochures etc.

  • Analysing and reporting on monthly analytics

  • Creating digital videos and promotional material for our new YouTube channel

  • Organising promotions, discounts and competitions

  • Attend workshops and webinars to expand knowledge

  • Ensure great SEO across all areas of the website and in blogs


  • This role is necessary for the smooth functioning of this small team and we are looking for someone who is bright and articulate with a 'can-do’ attitude, who can act as first port of call, to become a trusted member of the team and use their initiative and take responsibility for a number of areas.


    2:1 Degree or above in a marketing related field (or equivalent)

  • Previous experience in a similar role in the professional sector

  • Must be IT 'savvy’ with skills using MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and basic web editing.

  • Experience managing Social Media Platforms in a business function

  • Excellent Communication Skills - both written and verbal - strong attention to detail

  • Creative and can take the initiative

  • Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines


    Familiar with MailChimp, Prezi, Eventbrite, Meetup and VideoScribe.

  • Experience of Case Management Systems or CRMs

    What we offer:

    The chance to gain an insight into the running of a small, unique law firm

  • The opportunity to develop valuable marketing and communications skills.

Renato Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency for this full time permanent role.