Position: Kitchen manager
Business: Family branded pub operation
Location: Ashford, Surrey
Salary: 26,000 DOE
Bonus: Up to 4k
Ellis Mack is currently working with a premium pub brand that value individuality and charm. So if working in a traditional country pub with a friendly atmosphere and career progression within the group is going to suit you please read on!
Join their team and youll be part of the warm, relaxed atmosphere youd expect from a country inn with a contemporary flavour, while learning your trade in one of the most stimulating and rewarding environments in the business.
What you do!
As Head chef you are entirely responsible for the kitchen operation. Youll look after ordering, ensure budgets and targets are delivered on a daily/weekly monthly basis. You will work close with the company chef, GM and will be trained on all new seasonal menus as and when required, which then feeds back into the business for you to train, monitor and evaluate staff performance. Consistency is key! You are the standard barer and as such every dish that leaves the kitchen is not only a reflection on the business but you as well.
Stock control, financials, staff training recruitment come under your remit and as such you are expected to manage these processes and will be assessed on a regular basis ensuring company standards are adhered to.
- At least 1 year of successfully managing a high volume partial fresh food kitchen
- Experience of recruiting, developing and retaining a talented team of chefs
- Being able to deal with high volume and the pressure of busy sessions
- Working in an organised manner, delivering brand standards and controls
- Being able to enthuse the team about dishes and their provenance
- Having a passion for fresh food and daily specials
- Taking an interest in the whole of the business and having ambitions to become a Senior player in the future
- Minimum level 2 food hygiene preferably higher
Highly competitive salary
Attractive Head Chef bonus package up to 4k!
Opportunity to join a defined contribution pension scheme
25 days paid holiday
Other lifestyle-flexible benefits
To apply for this role please email your CV to or call on
REF: AM2 Ashford
Ellis Mack Recruitment is operating as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
In accordance with the amendment to the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act 2006, effective from 29 February 2008, you are required to provide proof of the Right to Work in the UK.