Cruise Operations Manager - Liverpool
Pathfinder Personnel Ltd are a specialist recruiter of permanent and temporary solutions in the Port Industry, Driving, Industrial and Commercial sectors. As part of a group of companies, we provide labour solutions to our parent company SCH Ltd. Together, we are looking to develop our on-site operations team in Liverpool and are seeking a Cruise Operations Manager.
This is an unique and exciting hybrid role. Your main responsibilities will be split between working hands-on, coordinating and managing the cruise and passenger car parking operations but also leading and managing the candidate and client recruitment activity in and around Liverpool Docks.
Cruise/Passenger Parking Operations responsibilties will include:
- Overall daily operational management responsibility of operations
- Planning and preparation of cruise ship calls
- Oversee supervision of employees and Agency Workers during operations
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients, their customers and passengers
- Produce post-cruise vessel reports
- Develop port operations industry leads in tandem with the Senior Operations Management
Recruitment responsibilities will include:
- Attracting, vetting and interviewing potential candidates for permanent and temporary roles
- Running inductions and Health and Safety briefings for new candidates
- Sourcing assignments, matching suitable candidates and booking into assignments
- Liaising with candidates and hirers throughout the duration of the assignment, handling any issues that arise
- Building relationships with local stakeholders and sourcing new business opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a background or experience in a senior/managerial hands-on capacity within either the cruise, parking, logistics or distribution industry. In addition, you will ideally have experience or knowledge or recruitment, whether that be from an external agency, internal/on-site function or your own direct team recruitment.
The ideal candidate does not need to have previous experience managing operations on cruise ships and/or car parking, however, this or similiar hands on management experience would be highly advantageous. Likewise for more in depth and complex recruitment activity and compliance. Full training and briefing will be given.
As travel will be required around the region to client sites and to other company sites for training, a full UK driving licence and access to your own transport is essential.
In return, a starting a salary from £27,000pa will be offered plus 23 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a pension scheme and other benefits. This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis with an office location of central Liverpool.
Please apply to this advert by sending a copy of your up to date CV along with a covering letter if you wish.