Banking Operations Team Leader - Credit Cards
We are working with a well respected banking client to help them find a high calibre Team Leader for the credit cards payment team. This role will aim to oversee the daily running of the department and to lead, motivate and develop the team of Analysts.
The role responsibilities are:
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing Payment transactions failing straight through processing are authorised accurately, within deadlines, and on a daily basis, assist with the reconciliations process
- Oversee performance and validation of all static data tasks aligned with the opening, closing and day to day account maintenance of FI and SME accounts
- Provide subject matter knowledge and expertise, or identify the appropriate team resource to do so, in order to assist with the Reconciliations process where breaks arise
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, payment schemes and colleagues ensuring the service provided is of a high standard, making recommendations to improve services on an ongoing basis
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of AML, KYC, banking sanctions and FCA regulations to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds fully complies at all times within these rules and guidelines
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of operations analysts
- Act as a delegate for Head of Operations as and when required
It is essential that you have a customer service focussed background and that you have a good understanding of banking in general. To be successful in the role you must be a self-motivated individual with good attention to detail, commercial awareness with good judgement and decision making skills
You will ideally have 3-5 years of payments processing experience specifically credit cards and with SWIFT and evidence of your operational skill set.
If you have proven people management experience within an operational environment then please do not hesitate to contact us!