Lead Distributor - Express
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Distributor to join our Travel Head Office in Holborn London. Careful distribution, planning and merchandising keeps our stores well stocked and looking great! It's no mean feat. It takes a lot of innovation, creative thinking and problem solving, as challenges arise all the time. New ideas are welcomed - and you'll see results quickly. If you're constructive, resilient and commercial and able to see the bigger picture, you'll soon find your feet in this varied, fast-moving department.
This is a key role within the Supply Chain function of WHSmith Travel. The purpose of the Lead Distributor role is to build relationships with the Distribution Centres, Suppliers and other Head Office teams in order to manage stock availability to target, whilst keeping the stock inventory within set levels.
* Ensure purchase orders are raised using set order and delivery patterns
* Set up and manage Distribution Centre replenishment parameters to manage availability
* Ensure promotional stock and New lines / Ranges is available in stores to enable successful launches of all promotions / Range Changes
* Effective communication to appropriate stakeholders of key stock information
* Regular contact with the Distribution Centres and suppliers to manage stock intake and throughput
* Lead supply chain activities in landing range reviews and other projects
* Centrally manage stock allocation of promotional lines, New Ranges and stock on restricted supply
* Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure stock related activities are communicated effectively to stores
* Play an active part in weekly meetings within the Trading team to review weekly sales performance and stock levels
* Data analysis on performance of lines using the internal database systems and Excel
* Actively looking for ways to improve the process within the team
The Requirements of the Roles
* Previous experience within a Supply Chain or Merchandising position within a busy Retail/ FMCG Head Office
* Advanced level Excel
* Ability to pick up new internal systems and databases quickly
* Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
* Ability to work quickly and accurately in a pressurised environment
* Ability to identify trends and consider the impact on stock, warehouses and stores
* Good understanding of replenishment and allocation methods
* Self motivation
* Commercial awareness
* Ability to make decisions
Why Join us?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, store discount card and childcare vouchers. For customer and career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"