The National Centre for Universities and Business (NCUB), a public - private partnership and not-for-profit organisation was launched in April 2013 to build its predecessor body, the Council of Industry and Higher Education (CIHE) into a networked centre of excellence for collaboration.
The fundamental aims of the National Centre are two-fold. First to ensure that universities deliver the skills that businesses require against a fast changing technological and market landscape. Second to ensure that businesses large and small can both leverage and support the research and innovation capabilities of Britain’s universities. Both these aims are at the heart of the industrial strategy and the broader productivity agenda.
We address these aims through an expanding programme of activities, analysis and collaborations that aim to help business and universities optimise the development of talent and maximise the impact of science and innovation investments across the UK.
At the heart of the National Centre is the membership that consists of 75 universities and 55 diverse global corporations. All organisations are represented at senior leadership level on the Council, but going forward we want to deepen and broaden our engagement with our members. This is a dynamic network of individuals and organisations committed to increasing the quality, diversity and intensity of collaboration.
We are looking for a Membership Administrator to join and support the membership team and manage all departmental administration duties to aid membership retention and recruitment by:
- Leading on all membership administration including keeping membership records and data up-to-date, member invoicing and collection of fees, welcome and renewal letter writing, internal reporting, and the production of briefing notes for membership meetings
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist the membership team in arranging meeting with potential and current members
- Take an active role, based on member data, which members need to be visited
- Draft welcome and renewal letters for members
- Produce presentations and data for membership meetings
- Draft correspondence for the Membership Director when necessary
- Ensure all membership paperwork is kept up-to-date
- Help with events when necessary
- Proactively ensure that we record accurate information on our members by liaising with internal staff and our members
- Produce briefing notes for the senior management team when they attend existing and potential member meetings
- Produce membership engagement reports with the aid of the CRM system
- Produce weekly updates on upcoming member and prospect meetings
- Manage the member renewal process and ensure invoices go out on time
- Coordinate with Senior Management and membership team to produce renewal and welcome letters
- Follow-up on all over-due invoices and ensure all membership invoices are paid
- Flag any potential risks to the Membership Director in a timely manner
- Produce weekly updates on membership income
- Support the membership team with the on-boarding process
- Review membership mailing and contact lists on a regular basis
- Support the communications team by providing timely and accurate membership information
- Support digital projects, from a membership perspective, as required
This position is ideal for an enthusiastic, hardworking administrator with a key eye for detail, a strong customer service ethic and excellent project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment reacting calmly and positively to meet short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and put plans in place based on member data
- A pro-active and creative approach to membership engagement, planning and organising, and a strategic approach to the development of membership.
- Ability to define task timelines and dependencies and drive them to completion
- Confident team player with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Previous experience working with senior level stakeholders
- Proven ability to deliver demanding targets.
- Proven experience in managing demanding and sometimes difficult clients and stakeholders.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to meet stakeholders and attend on-site events.
- Experience in a membership organisation such as a trade or membership body.
This is an exciting and critical membership support role in a small charity. It is essential that you are highly organised, and possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Candidates with experience of; Administrator, Assistant Manager, Officer, Membership, Customer Development, Office Manager, Client Relationship Management, Account Manager, Junior Account Manager, Membership Engagement Officer will also be considered for this role.