Paralegal- Witham up to £35,000
An opportunity has arose for an experienced paralegal to join a well established holdings company headquartered in Witham, Essex. The role itself offers great diversity, due to the different businesses you deal with on a daily basis, giving you a chance to round off skills in multiple sectors and cultivate your skill set. You MUST have experience in commercial law.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Perform legal and factual research - researching the most valid arguments, reviewing case facts, identifying the relevant laws and ensuring all other relevant information is considered in a case.
- Produce accurate memorandum documenting the results of research.
- Summarising legal documents.
- Organise and analyse information.
- Cross-check and validate information.
- Draft terms and conditions and simple contracts.
- Check legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Review and monitor new and updated regulations.
- Proof reading legal documents.
- Produce accurate attendance notes documenting telephone calls / meetings involving legal matters.
- Create / update legal precedents.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Law degree and ideally LPC training.
- Ability to perform legal research.
- Attention to detail.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles of contract law and e-commerce.
- The ability to analyse legal documents for accuracy.
- A spirit of co-operation and a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good team player.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to use initiative and to work well under pressure.
- Mon-Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Free Parking
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday
- part time considered
Keywords-Paralegal, law, commercial, company,
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.