Our highly reputable educational client is seeking a Bursar’s Assistant to join their team.
Purpose of Role
- To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Bursar and assist by proactive involvement in the smooth running of those areas for which the Bursar has responsibility
- Delegated responsibility for the administration of all pre-employment processes
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the school’s Single Central Register for all staff, governors’ volunteers =
- Processing of DBS applications, obtaining necessary identification documents
- Liaising with recruitment advertisers, preparing advertisements for publication
- Dealing with recruitment enquiries, collating applications for shortlisting
- Taking up references, collating and chasing as required, and verifying references prior to appointment.
- Complete prohibition checks for all those involved in teaching and management checks where required.
- Preparing employee and peripatetic staff offer letters and contracts
- Ensuring contractors, peripatetic staff and volunteers have completed the required vetting checks to ensure their compliance
- Notifying relevant staff of new employees
- Preparing staff contract change and salary change letters
- Ensure personnel records are maintained to ensure compliance
- Minuting of confidential and disciplinary meetings, as required.
- Provide administrative support for meetings including the Health and Safety Committee, and Education Sub Committee as required, preparing relevant letters and taking accurate comprehensive minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of Bursary and HM Award letters ensuring all relevant documentation is enclosed, collating replies and chasing where required
- Completion of annual census returns
- Draft correspondence, predominately non-standard documents, as requested by the Bursar
- Updating Policies and Handbooks, as required
- Organise minibus and other training, as required
- Keep up to date with Regulations, employment legislation, DBS regulations etc.
- Assisting with Health and Safety Administration from time to time as required
- Provide support to the Bursar for a range of other projects, as required
- A positive "can-do" attitude
- Willingness to use own initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- A confident, friendly telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A willingness to on-going personal and professional development
- A sense of humour
Excellent opportunity to join a superb employer. Previous experience within Education/Finance/Accounts is required.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy