UX/UI Designer - MD3225
If you're a superstar UX/UI Designer with an interest in making positive change then take a look at this role with a non-profit EdTech startup.
A forward-thinking EdTech startup is looking for a talented and versatile UX/UI Designer to join their small but passionate team. This is a great opportunity for you to take the lead and deliver amazing UX and UI design projects for their flagship product for both mobile, app and desktop use. The mission is to empower and inspire students around the world and you will be given the opportunity to directly influence that as the UX/UI Designer. Your role will be key in defining UX principles, creating well-researched functional designs and also have a hand in more visual elements such as icons and colour palettes.
The main project is in early stages so the UX/UI Designer will have to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in to other ad hoc design projects when needed, so if you like the idea of sticking your fingers in a lot of well-designed pies then this role could be great for you.
As UX/UI Designer, your responsibilities will include:
• Taking ownership of key challenges, understanding what users need, and developing and improving products and processes to create user journeys
• Leading the design exploration of UX/UI designs (which includes clickable wireframes, interaction flows, concept designs and prototypes)
• Developing information architecture, sitemaps and content recommendations if required
• Working closely with the General Manager and front-end developer to deliver the most appropriate user interface as well as the best user experience
• Taking ownership for completing visual design projects including icon design, illustrations and typography
• Establishing UX/UI design best practices and processes and ensure quality is monitored
• Keeping abreast of industry developments in new platforms and design technology and interpret how these would impact your work
• Taking the lead in incorporating and promoting new design developments and technology, provide advice to editorial, content and product colleagues on UX design principles and capabilities and contribute to the forming and execution of the organisation's future design direction
• Ensuring that the highest possible design and creative standards are met and that all output conforms to the organisation's branding and style guidelines
The successful UX/UI Designer will have the following skills and experience:
• Formal degree in Digital/Graphic Design/Computer Science or demonstrable experience of interactive and UX/UI designs
• Understanding and delivering for apps, mobile & tablets as well as desktops, experience in Android and iOS is essential
• A strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise across all areas of the UX/UI/Visual landscape including, user research and testing, user journeys, wireframing and interaction design
• Fluency in best practices for device-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Some understanding of Google Material Design Language would be beneficial
• In depth knowledge of typography, responsive layout design and grid systems and pixel design such as icons, symbols and navigational metaphors
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly across different audiences
• An innate understanding of and empathy with all accessibility issues. You’ll be able to create single interfaces for users of all abilities. You’ll be a champion of clean, accessible, highly intuitive, usable design.