Operations Director (Engineering/Manufacturing)
UK subsidiary of a global hi-tech manufacturing business is looking to recruit an Operations Director for its site based in Central Cornwall. Reporting to the CEO, this is a key role within the broader business and will assume complete responsibility for the day-to-day running of the operation. In conjunction with a team of highly talented functional managers the successful candidate will be instrumental in improving efficiency within the business whilst ensuring increased levels of employee and customer satisfaction.
- Reinforcing and driving a culture of safety and promoting HSE initiatives, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned
- Managing the operating budget and achieving company performance objectives (EBITDA, GM etc.)
- Managing the deployment (& policies) in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Responsible for leading employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development
- Problem resolution to facilitate improved working relationships
- Managing material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Ensure compliance with M Cubed standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Balance capacity across the plant.
- Resource management - Determining head count needs and ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Identifying, communicating, planning and implementing of Capex investments and improvement projects.
- Managing all areas of statutory compliance
- A minimum of 5 year's experience as a General Manager or Operations Director within a high-precision, hi-tech and low-tolerance machine manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with electronic components preferred
- A degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or a related field of study.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing and/or the 'Kaizen to improve processes
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Problem Analysis and Solving
- Project Management experience
- Strategic Thinking
- Generous bonus scheme
- Life insurance