Production Engineer Manager
Are you ready to work with a company at the forefront of the latest luminary developments that are utilised across a wide spectrum of applications from healthcare to retail?
This Production Engineer Manager Job will allow you to build on the company’s strategy for improved quality, product cost, productivity and flexibility by managing the production engineering department to maximise effectiveness and deliverables.
The Production Engineer Manager will join their growing team and be part of their continuing success and based at their site in Manchester but commutable from Bristol, Clevedon, Sommerset.
Key Responsibilities for Production Engineer Manager Job includes:
- To ensure the effective introduction of new and revised existing products, In conjunction with the Technical Department, into production by using the latest DFM techniques.
- Detailed process analysis to identify waste and lean using appropriate 6 Sigma and lean tools.
- Build product routing and time standards and create SOPs and BOMs for configured products based on standard and generic masters.
- To identify how product is to be manufactured looking forward in terms of capital equipment, automation, updated control systems, factory layout, reducing cost and lead-time, but increasing quality, agility and flexibility.
Essential Skills/Knowledge required for Production Engineer Manager Job includes:
- Previous experience of managing a Production Engineering Department with a turnover between £50M and £100M producing high variety, mid volume, electrical products where reliability, functionality and aesthetics are critical.
- Strong understanding of automation.
- Degree in engineering.
- Firm knowledge of a variety of improvement tools Lean, 6 Sigma, DMAIC.
This Production Engineer Manager Job is a fantastic time to join a highly successful, world leader in their field that offers abundance of customised training, development and career progression.