Bryen & Langley operate within London and the South East on new build, refurbishment and restoration projects ranging in value from £100,000 to £7 million in many sectors including health, education, residential, ecclesiastical, and commercial.
We are looking for an experienced Estimator to join our team due to a recent retirement.
As Estimator you will work closely with the Bid Manager and Directors to ensure the production of quality, accurate estimates in a timely manner.
Overview of Role
- Handover winning estimated to the Project Delivery Team
- Provide input into the review of supply chain members
- Provide accurate budget/cost plans
- Complete take-offs
- Provide Bills of Quantities
- Work on traditional plan and specification and D&B estimates
- Obtain competitive quotes for materials and sub-contract packages
- Complete quote analysis comparisons
- Check and amend rate/quote build ups
- Prepare tender build ups for internal adjudication
- Respond in a timely manner to post tender submission queries
- Able to confidently attend mid/post tender interviews and site visits
- Work with the Bid Manager to produce a fully compliant tender submission
Key Skills / Requirements
- Strong time management is required as the role depends on the successful candidate being able to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- Posses a strong understanding of construction and innovative techniques
- Strong communication skills
- Strong experience in this role previously
- Knowledge of building, material components and building regulations