Private Healthcare Administrator/Receptionist/Medical Secretary
My client who is a private Radiology organisation are looking for an Administrator / Receptionist / Medical Secretary. This position is a team rotation position and offers a good variety of job roles that fall under being an admin, reception and Medical Secretary role.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,000 to £24,000 per annum depending on experience
Key relationships with: Senior Operations Manager, Unit Manager, Radiographers, Patients, Customers, External Partners and Suppliers
Working hours: Monday to Friday - The successful person requires to be flexible to work 8.00am to 4.00pm, 9.00am to 5.00pm, 12.00pm to 8.00pm and 10.00am to 6.00pm when required. Please note some Saturdays may be involved
Shifts: Will be given in advance and would be for 5 week periods
The current Radiographers use voice recognition equipment for notes to be typed up, therefore, the role will be a range of Medical Secretarial and Administration. This role isn’t a typical Medical Secretary role where the duties are 100% audio typing. Experience and knowledge of Radiology codes and examinations is essential
Reception and Administration duties will include:
- The successful role holder will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks
- The role is responsible, together with the other team members, for the efficient day-to-day running of the office/reception facilities.
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Book, manage and oversee patient bookings
- Work towards targets and develop processes to achieve them
- Have an awareness of the Units budget and performance targets
- Ensure patient information, including insurance and invoice details are logged accurately
- Ensure funding is approved prior to booking appointment
- Manage and maintain waiting list
- Ensure appointments are logged, dispatched and confirmed
- Provide clear information to patients regarding their appointment and the scanning procedure
- Ensure that e-appointment packs are utilised for all those patients whose appointments are within 48 hours of the appointment being made
- Input and update patient data accurately
- Liaise closely with Patient Management Centre to resolve any issues arising
- Experience of typing medical reports
- Typing patient referral letters
- The role holder has a limited degree of autonomy and is to work with their senior colleagues in order to facilitate a quality service.
- To complete reports to a high standard of accuracy and to deadline
- To handle all customer issues to a high standard of customer care, and with discretion and sensitivity
- Experience and knowledge of Radiology codes and examinations is preferable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong IT skills
- Great customer focus and an ability to manage change and solve problems, with an eye for detail
- We seek a self-motivated individual who can quickly grasp the general administration duties in this busy department.
- Excellent time management skills are essential in order to prioritise your workload to ensure a high standard of patient care at all times.