Shipping and Procurement Coordinator x 2
Job Title - Shipping and Procurement Coordinator x 2
Skills - Purchasing, Shipping, Supplier Management, Global Sourcing
Salary - 1 x Permanent Role@ £30K, 1 x Temporary Role@ £13-15p/h
Location - Central London
The procurement arm of a large African trading company. As a result of increasing successes and an aggressive drive forward, the London office is seeking to expand its procurement and shipping department.
- Sourcing suppliers globally.
- Placing and chasing orders and ensuring timely delivery through international shipments mainly to Nigeria.
- Communicating with freight forwarding companies and chasing suppliers for goods.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers, check terms and conditions whilst maintaining the supplier database.
- Distribute and report information throughout the company to ensure all parts of the business are kept up to date.
- Maintain accurate stock positions, check invoices and control all export documentation.
You will have a strong background in procurement with excellent negotiation skills and an understanding of international trade. Added to this you should have experience of export shipping with a full understanding of shipping (airfreight and seafreight) and all related documentation requirements such as AWBs, BLs, Letters of Credit, Form M, CCVO/C16, Certificates of Origin. You should have excellent administration and IT skills with good attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Language skills (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, Arabic, etc.) may be a bonus.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.