A very well established, leading specialist manufacturing company are looking to recruit a dynamic, commercially aware Finance Officer. The successful candidate will become a valued member of this small Hull based finance team and will report directly to the Financial Controller. You will be responsible for the full payroll process for a large complex payroll and assist with the provision of management information to support business decisions, processing purchase and sales ledger and with month end management accounts preparation. The main duties of the role will be;
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the monthly payroll for approx. 200 employees from start to finish from a TMS system
- Preparing expenses and benefits for annual P11Ds
- Posting payroll entries to the general ledger
- Weekly payroll analysis
- Manage all payroll tax matters, RTI and all external HMRC reporting
- Manage the pension administration
- Handling and resolving any payroll queries
- Purchase Ledger - matching, coding, processing invoices and weekly BAC's Runs
- Daily banking and cashbook
- Petty cash and expenses reconciliations
- Ad hoc reporting and assisting with month end management accounts
This is the ideal opportunity for candidates looking to develop within a growing organisation - you will be actively studying or qualified AAT. You must also be IT literate, specifically in excel. You must have a sound background in managing the payroll function from start to finish and a passion for continuous improvement. You will be a self starter, have a pro active approach and have high attention to detail.
The is a great opportunity to grow and develop with a progressive company for the long term.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.