Legal Secretary / Assistant - Private Client - Birmingham
Legal Secretary / Assistant - Private Client - Birmingham and surroundings£18,000 - £20,000 + benefitsWell established, accredited law firm with offices in the region are seeking a secretary / assistant to support their private client team of lawyers.The Private Client team deals with a range of areas including:
- Will drafting
- Probate/Estate administration
- Tax Advice
- Set up and administration of Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection/Deputyship
This role will be to assist fee earners in their day to day work by providing support and an efficient secretarial and administrative service within the High Net Worth Private client department:
- Providing full secretarial support including using a digital dictation system to produce correspondence and other documentation related to Private Client matters.
- Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate client admin files.
- Drafting of basic Wills, LPAs and Court of Protection applications.
- Completion of forms relating to tax i.e. Inheritance Tax.
- Production of attendance notes.
- Support fee earners in marketing activities.
- General team administration including photocopying, faxing, filing and scanning.
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Handling telephone enquiries and directing accordingly.
- Arranging meeting room bookings/travel arrangements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Legal Secretary experience essential.
- Experience working within a private client team is essential.
- Fast, accurate typing ability, ideally using digital audio systems.
- Experience of using case management system.
- IT literate - Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook / Digital Audio software / Case Management.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Peter on or email to .