Meeting Rooms Assistant Coordinator
The Bond Company is based in Digbeth, Birmingham within a unique complex of expertly renovated buildings which combine historic Victorian architecture with high-quality modern facilities. We are home to many thriving business enterprises including meeting rooms and conference spaces, as well as being an attractive setting for events, weddings and celebrations.
The Company constantly seeks to improve its standards and tailor its provision to the commercial needs of its clients as they evolve. With this in mind, we are seeking a lively, outward going and experienced individual to assist with the day to day running of our meeting room facilities.
Within the role of Meeting Rooms Assistant Coordinator, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out the organisation, operation and administration of all aspects of meeting rooms and conferences to a high professional standard at all times.
- Marketing and developing the growth of the meeting rooms and conference facilities;
- Assisting with the smooth operation of our sites including undertaking reception, administration and other duties as required.
- Front of house tasks - being the first point of contact for all clients relating to the meeting rooms;
- Liaising with the team about forthcoming meeting room requirements, arranging furniture and making sure rooms are ready for use, as well as ensuring catering is of the appropriate standard and delivered on time.
- Generating new bookings and promoting repeat business;
- Assisting with other aspects of the business, such as weddings, events, and other related activities.
The successful candidate must have:
- Business development acumen which will include working towards achieving annual targets
- Excellent time-management and organisation skills
- Proficient IT skills and experience in using Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage.
- Good people skills, including the ability to manage a busy reception and resolve any day-to-day problems.
- Ideally qualified to degree level (or equivalent) and a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in marketing, administration and reception or proven event-management experience.
This is a full time position which requires honesty, dedication, the ability to work in a team as well as using own initiative are essential.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Must be able to work at occasional weekends and evenings.
Salary : £17,000 - £18,500 per annum depending on experience