Trader; Middle Distillates (Physical, Jet)
The job holder is responsible for and takes part in:
- Trading of middle distillates (jet);
- Keeping an up to date knowledge of the oil market at large;
- Managing price risk exposure and contract negotiations;
- Devising proprietary trading strategies, both on physical and derivatives
- Liaise with Shipping for the Chartering of oil tankers, on spot or term basis;
- Provide analytical reports to assist in taking any trading decisions.
- negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis, showing adequate level of decision making within the guidelines received and in compliance of the relevant procedures
- upon conclusion of any transaction, to enter all the details into the internal trading system in a timely and accurate fashion;
- to guarantee the respect of rules and regulation specific to the product traded (e.g mass balance on biodiesel) also in connection with operations, middle office and back office;
- provide the management with input, for the consideration of new marketing strategies; to present a personal view and contribute to the decision making process identify and develop new business opportunities globally;
- maintain daily contacts with all useful parties representatives;
- provide accurate market information on the oil markets to relevant departments;
- maintain close contacts with Internal Departments and other Companies of the Group, to ensure that any transaction concluded is followed through correctly, to aid the Contract administration and Operations departments in the writing of the Contract to reflect the verbal agreement and also assist in any operational problems;
- maintain constant contact with Houston and Singapore relevant desks to provide support to global arbitrages strategies as well as contributing to the success of the global team;
- maintain a current knowledge of Oil Industry Standards General Terms and Conditions for all types crude oil products of Company’s interest;
- carry out ad hoc analysis of the crude oil/products markets;
- provide support and interact with origination team;
- provide support for potential acquisitions of assets such as storage/blending facilities.
- evaluate structured transactions;
- assist in the development of pricing models and methods;
- maintain daily contacts with all useful representatives in order to manage the flow of information.
- preferred Educational Qualification is a Degree in Engineering , Economics with a specialisations and/or courses in Energy, refining, marine transportation etc;
- more than 3 years of experience of trading middle distillates;
- experience with regards to Arbitrage is essential;
- strong experience with derivative instruments for hedging;
- experience of proprietary trading, especially related to best practice;
- experience and knowledge of fundamental, futures and technical markets for products and market analysis;
- ability to advise on appropriate strategies and how best to hedge for such trading activities;
- knowledge of IT standard software and software dedicated to the trading activities;
- attributes: imagination/creativity, strategic thinking, practical problem solving, flexibility, innovation, decisiveness, planning and control, initiative, task orientation, change management, communication & negotiation, networking, strong team-player, numeracy, risk awareness, decision making, judgement.
- positive attitude, have high self-esteem and energy and stress resilience;
- full command of English language (written & spoken); knowledge of any other language would be beneficial.