Business Development Manager
Our client is an innovative, forward-thinking and rapidly growing organisation, who provide bespoke services to business clients across the globe. They are looking to expand their team and recruit an experienced Business Development Manager to work with clients across the UK and Europe.
Purpose of the Role
Due to the release of our new technology solution, we are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive new business revenue through corporate sales across the UK and Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of new business sales success within a B2B environment, from initial prospecting through to close. Our holistic service solution(s) can often be complex so experience providing consultative-based, solution sales would be preferable.
The role forms part of our global sales function and will be based in our Bournemouth head office. The successful candidate will be required to drive top line revenue growth and play an active role in the ongoing development of the business.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Research, evaluate and understand the changing dynamics and requirements of clients
- Actively own and manage the sales process for each identified prospect from identification and discovery through to close, implementation and ongoing account management
- Create, build and manage individual sales pipeline to contribute to overall company growth targets
- Must be comfortable creating own pipeline from scratch, including networking, researching and cold calling to generate interest and leads
- Attend industry events and conferences to maximise networking opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience of managing new business sales processes and achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Proven experience of generating own pipeline and successfully conversion
- Excellent business development and relationship management skills in B2B or Affinity sales channels
- Previous experience of managing and writing bids, responding to RFPs and creating sales material (presentations)
- Highly motivated, self-starter and 'can do’ attitude
This is a full time, permanent position including:
- Competitive salary & commission scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays recognised in England
- Excellent opportunities for career progression within a growing and highly successful business