Revenue Accountant - London - Salary £45,000 per year
Reputable company who provides employment, health programmes, services for young people, training, skills support, and probation services
Role reports to Finance Manager
The Revenue Accountant/ Analyst role is to work with the Finance Manager - Revenue (UK) and other operation and finance team members and to record revenue accurately for the company's UK entities.
This role provides the opportunity to enhance existing financial skills, support the Finance Manager - Revenue (UK) and be challenged as part of a high performing finance team to support this evolving business.
The company UK, a Welfare-to-work provider and as a group they are responsible for positively changing the lives of thousands of job seekers.
The company is constantly growing and the role will be flexible in order to align with the ongoing requirements of the business.
- Preparation of monthly revenue accruals in line with Revenue Recognition accounting policies.
- Responsible for creation of sales invoices and the sub-contractor self-billing for contract(s).
- Understanding and analysing complex revenue streams and mixes and prepare robust explanations for variance analysis.
- Ensure revenue related matters affecting the organisation are accounted for accurately (e.g. incomplete revenue investigation).
- Post month end Revenue Review & Analysis to ensure accruals are relevant to reflect the changing nature of our varying contracts.
- Assist with queries from the Regional Finance Managers.
- Assisting with external audit queries at quarter and year end.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and identify process improvements when they arise.
- Provide cover for absences of other Revenue team members.
- Monthly account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Ad hoc duties in Finance as required.
- IT Skills, particularly MS Word, Advanced Excel (Vlookups, PIVOT tables, IF formula) and Outlook
- Must understand Revenue Recognition accounting policies under IFRS
- Knowledge of a popular Finance Information Systems
- Month end processes
- At least 2 years UK experience in a similar data analytical role.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic organisation and respond to needs with urgency
- A team player and able to perform under time-pressure with a minimum of supervision, in a sometimes challenging environment
- Planning and organisational skills
- Time Management
- Oral, written and interpersonal Communication (listening & attending, negotiation & assertion)
- Focus on outcomes/commitment to performance
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Liaison and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Working under pressure
- A degree in finance/management or similar.
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA.
- Dynamics AX (Axapta)
- Exposure to working within a SOX environment
- Dynamics AX (Axapta)
All the company's personnel are required to comply with the company's policies relating to Information Security and Data protection, specifically to:
- Protect all information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction & interference
- Treat the security of all information assets according to their designated information security classification
- Ensure that they only access information assets that they are authorised to do so.
- Adhere to the procedure for reporting any security weakness or event
- Commit to, and participate in, personal development of information security awareness & knowledge
- Comply with all laws and contractual obligations regarding the protection of data
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.