Purchaser / Buyer (Temp to Perm) Immediate Start!
Job Title: Purchaser / Buyer (Temp to Perm)
Remuneration:- £25,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience
Based: London SW14
Megnet exports digital network products and accessories to customers in European and Middle East markets. We are expanding our West London centre of operations and seek a motivated and energetic Purchaser / Buyer to join our successful team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Purchaser / Buyer will be an experienced and driven individual. They will be responsible for purchasing products and supplying the sales team with accurate pricing and lead times in a timely manner.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record in purchasing / buying preferably of technology products from leading manufacturers and suppliers with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with suppliers. The Purchaser / Buyer will be expected to work on their own initiative and continuously negotiate with suppliers to get products at better cost price and availability.
- Work with sales to provide accurate pricing and availability information
- find solutions within the marketplace for requests where pricing request is not for core products
- Identifying and negotiating advantageous supplier agreement terms with leading global manufacturers and suppliers
- Ensuring all backorders are purchased at the lowest purchase price possible and best lead time to meet the business needs
- Chase suppliers where needed for all backorder purchases to ensure all products are shipped before the end of the month
- Stock Management - Ensuring a good level of Core stock is kept at all times and ensure stock profiling is done with sales on a monthly basis
- Maintain the company’s competitive advantage as related to purchasing policy, by continually reviewing and ensuring we are purchasing at the best available price
- Managing logistics and negotiating SLA’s with courier companies and optimising the best service and tariffs available in the market place
- Identify risks associated with strategies in the product portfolio, services and sales issues and recommend a course of action
- Establish existence of all supplier and third party agreements, defining standards and quality requirements. Check and verify these in relation to customer understanding, invoicing and service delivery
- Manage and refine systems and processes to maximise efficiency
- Protect company data and Intellectual Property
- Dynamic and pro-active purchaser
- Supply busy sales team with best cost price and product availability
- Help company win urgent and price sensitive back to back customer orders
- Source networking product from network of global suppliers
- Negotiate strategically to get continually lower/better pricing and availability
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Drive product cost pricing down
- Communicate with suppliers over the phone, email and messenger applications to ensure the quickest contact possible
- Networking industry and / or broker background (desirable)
- English speaker, any other additional languages may be advantageous
Megnet offers talented telesales professionals a dynamic and exciting working environment, where innovation is encouraged and results are well rewarded.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter.