Assistant Buyer MC Personnel is recruiting for Assistant Buyer position for one of our busy clients.
Duration - 3 months Salary - 20-25 K prorata.
Duties include but not limited to:
Key relationships with all Departments at all levels within the organisation: particular emphasis on relationships with Marketing, Sales, Technical, Quality, Commercial, Finance, Engineering, SSHE & HR, and support in relation to Planning & Stock Control, Strategic Planning, Business Services, Customer Services, Operations, Distribution and Manufacturing.
Key support and cover for colleagues within the Department and other non-UK Divisions as necessary. Expedite and administer all systems and processes to successfully support the Procurement Department and the wider organization to deliver the following in the most cost effective way (this is not an exhaustive list
• Process and release stock and manual orders for direct and indirect materials and services
• Obtain quotations in support of all low value purchase orders (LVPO’s) for the organization and process the necessary paperwork
• Understand and comply with all relevant policies, procedures and controls to meet internal audit requirements and segregation of duties
• Analyse and police face approved invoices and work with relevant stakeholders to reduce the level below agreed targets
• Set up and maintain pricing files and source lists within SAP
• Assist in the investigation of supplier complaints and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders
• Investigate invoice queries and request credit notes where applicable
• Monitor supplier performance to agreed criteria
• Assist the Indirect Buyer with administrative tasks such as car fleet management, company travel and small spend areas
• Provide support and cover for the Procurement Department as necessary
• Manage the negotiation and bidding process for the cost effective procurement of all low value purchases working closely with the budget holders to scope out the correct specification and quality requirements.
• Apply relevant Company policies, procedures and controls to meet audit requirements.
• Research, review and propose alternative suppliers or products to best meet requirements.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with suppliers and internal customers to achieve the optimum result for the company.
• Utilise tools, analysis and research to maximise the impact of a successful negotiation.
• Negotiate optimum contract terms & conditions with suppliers to maximize the benefits to the Company.
• Apply all relevant health, safety & environmental rules within own work environment as well as in negotiation and supply from Suppliers.
• Assist with investigation and resolution of any complaints or quality issues giving relevant feedback to Suppliers and internally as appropriate.
• Review, measure and analyse Departmental results or Supplier accounts creating and issuing reports on a weekly or monthly basis as necessary.
• Measure and record procurement savings as a result of negotiation or avoided cost.
• Provide assistance, cover and support for the Procurement Department as well as support for other non-UK Divisions.
• Manage the process and procedures for raising Low Value Purchase Orders (LVPO), rationalize spend and suppliers as well as analyse and police face approved invoices.
• Apply continuous improvement, lean techniques and cost effective solutions to meet and/or exceed Departmental Goals and Objectives The minimum number of years’ experience required 1-2 years Additional Knowledge Computer literate including good knowledge & experience of SAP an advantage Contract negotiation Problem solving Health, safety & environmental awareness
Please email CV to apply. Your CV will be treated in strict confidence and will only be sent to the hirer once we have spoken to you and confirmed details. Please email your CV to apply. Note - We will review all CV’s submitted within 48 hours and will endeavour to reply to all candidates applications. Should you be unsuccessful, MC Personnel can keep your CV on file for up to 3 months and contact you should another suitable role become available. In accordance to Regulation 19 of The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003 you confirm that by submitting your CV for this position you are willing to work in the position in which the hirer seeks to fill and that you provide MC Personnel with the permission required to pass your CV on to the hirer. Any sensitive data, such as address, contact numbers etc… will be omitted from your CV prior to being passed on to the hirer. MC Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer, a copy of our policy can be downloaded at www.mc-personnel.com