Spicerhaart is the largest independently owned property services group in the UK. We work together with thousands of customers a year using multi award winning marketing and leading smart technology to help buy, sell, let or rent property. We understand that none of this would be possible without the drive, dedication and determination of our colleagues. When you join Spicerhaart you become part of the Spicerhaart family. Your career is important to us; we are passionate about training and developing you to realise your full potential and achieve success. We expect you to do all that you can to meet our expectations and achieve your personal goals. You will be motivated and committed to perform to the best of your ability and put the customer at the heart of everything you do.
We are looking for a .NET/SQL developer to join our expanding development team. The role requires a wide range of development skills with heavy focus on Winforms.
- Continuing the development of in-house built application driven by internal customer requirements.
- First to third line support of applications and integrated processes.
- Support timely releases to meet fast changing business requirements.
- Analysis and authoring improvements to existing solutions to improve business performance.
- Maintenance of business critical data processing by creating or amending business driven reports.
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions towards the improvement of applications and the business.
- Assess risk and impact on the existing system that may arise due to any requirement or functional change.
- Experience of developing Winform applications (preferable with DevExpress), VB.NET, C#, Web Services/WCF, (exposure to WPF would be beneficial).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 experience including database design and stored procedure development.
- Effective Communication - Communicate relevant information effectively.
- Commerciality & Technicality - Demonstrate a good level of technical and professional skills in job-related areas.
- Team Worker - Contribute ideas and share information within and across work groups.
- Innovates for Success - Helps implement new ideas and solutions and make suggestions voluntarily.
- Delivers Results - Demonstrate a clear focus on quality and delivers within an agreed timeframe