THis is an opportunity for a Book Keeping role within a well-established family business with a strong international presence to replace someone that is retiring after long service with the company. Sole daily responsibility, reporting to the Managing Director, of 3 legal entities to oversee.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional to assume responsibility for a wide range of finance related areas within a dynamic, well established team.
- £35k to £40k
- Location: West London
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Reporting directly to the MD
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- General ledger maintenance using SAGE 200
- Production of monthly management accounts, with key variance analysis, within 10 days of month end
- Preparation of statutory financial statements on an annual basis
- Overseeing the annual external audit process
- Preparation of the annual budget (cash flow, income statement and balance sheet with narrative) for Board approval in November prior to commencement of fiscal year
- Preparation of quarterly or ad hoc forecasts
- Responsible for overseeing the completion of Corporate income tax returns/filings and CIT compliance
- Responsible for VAT returns and compliance
- Responsible for Intrastat and EC sales form filing
- Preparation of the weekly payments list for approval
- [Payment of approved amounts] - this would normally be kept separate to avoid the risk of someone having control over the posting of invoices and the release of funds
- [Any loans on the balance sheet would typically require loan covenant calculation/reporting etc]
- Management of banking arrangements including current, deposit accounts and FX operations
- Responsible for calculating royalties owed to artists to be remitted on a periodic basis
- Responsible for calculating and payment of the monthly payroll (SAGE payroll) including pension contributions
- Responsible for ensuring the timely collection of all accounts receivable
- Responsible for SAGE system maintenance and update
- Will need to have a solid working background as a Book Keeper within small / medium sized companies.
- Be happy to work on your own, reporting the the MD
- To be looking for a long-term (i.e. they are wanting someone to be with them for years) permanent job
- To have excellent English and happy to work with different currencies
- To enjoy working on your own, as well as communicating with the rest of the team in different departments.
Bookkeeper / Accounts / Finance / Accounting / Financial