This is a superb opportunity for a design professional within the construction sector to develop their career with an Ipswich based company.
The principle objective of the role is to maintain a library of standard and project specific (bespoke) system AutoCAD detail drawings and also to provide project specific design calculations.
Main duties include:
- The updating, monitoring and management of standard system detail drawings and the creation of new and bespoke system detail drawings in an AutoCAD 2017 format
- Processing project and system specific design U-Value thermal calculations using JPA program software (training will be provided as required).
- Working with external specialist design consultants in the formulation of wind load and drainage calculations (training will be provided as required).
- Maintenance and production of standard and project specific NBS (National Building Specification) documents using NBS Building, NBS Plus and NBS Create software (training will be provided as required).
- Creation of high resolution rendered 3D system build-up drawings is currently outsourced but ideally this would be brought in-house under the remit of the Design Technician.
- Creation of isometric system installation sequence detail drawings to assist design teams and those out in the field.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified in use/application of AutoCAD 2017
- Knowledge of REVIT is ideal but not essential
- A construction industry related qualification (architecture, architectural technology, design, surveying, planning or other related field) is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player