Fast Item, UK’s Premier Property Developer are looking to recruit a Qualified Architect to join their team on a permanent contact.
Fast Item are a fast-growing boutique real estate company situated in Rainham, Essex with a second office in Birmingham, West Midlands. First established in 2009 they are now one of UK’s Premier Property Developers. Fast Item has a very diverse background from various industries making their business thrive and succeed and now would like to welcome the correct candidate to be part of the Fast Item family so that they can continue to grow.
The role involves:
- creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists.
- writing and presenting reports.
- specifying the requirements for the project.
- adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- To provide research to evolve and promote the continuous use and understanding of building design, construction strategies, policies and standards.
- Drawing and presentational skills in tasks reflecting all stages of RIBA Plan of Work
The successful candidate must be dynamic, hardworking and passionate about the industry and have previous experience working within a multi-disciplinary environment; have strong architectural and construction knowledge and a proven track record in the residential and commercial sectors. The right candidate must possess a flair for design, have experience running UK projects from inception through to completion as well as have great knowledge of UK building regulations.
- Degree level qualification, RIBA qualified.
- At least 5 years of solid industry experience
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary building/design and construction environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to promote.
- Ability to assess design solutions and make value based decisions.
- Proficient using Revit and Microstation.
- Experience running residential, commercial and student housing projects would be an advantage.
- Background taking projects through planning application stage and tender.