Business Loans Relationship Manager
Fair Business Loans is the business lending arm of Fair Finance which has embraced technology to help financially excluded entrepreneurs across the United Kingdom. The Business Loans Relationship Manager will be responsible for remotely developing and managing a portfolio of highly complex small and micro business lending (loans of up to £20k) relationships in a fast growing team. Responsibilities will include;
- Client contact and team support;Acting as the relationship manager of new and existing clients across the United Kingdom you will provide excellent customer service and support to deepen relationships remotely via telephone and email communication
- Credit analysis, lending recommendations and loan approvals;Conducting thorough analysis of financial data, market information and company status to establish the credit-worthiness of individuals and the viability of their business plans. Making lending recommendations and taking accountability for them.
- Documentation and compliance;Ensuring loan documentation is accurate and explained clearly to clients in line with regulatory requirements. Apply Know Your Customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering checks and controls.
- Monitoring and management of non-performing loans;Maintaining oversight of existing client relationships. You will spot early warning signs of businesses in distress and manage and support non-performing clients once identified.You will be expected to assist with the collections team’s efforts as required.
You will have strong commercial awareness and demonstrate integrity and ethical judgement, understanding the importance of ethical and responsible decisions to support our business and our clients whilst demonstrating a passion for Fair Finance and our social mission.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years experience of working in a business or personal lending environment.
- Your Analytical and Numeracy skills will include a good working knowledge of company financial accounts; including balance sheets, cash flows and profit and loss statements.
- With excellent verbal and written communication skills you will have experience of building successful customer relationships.
- You will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness and an ability to talk to and understand businesses and the affordability of a loan and its repayments.
- The role will include managing a large amount of data and information and keeping to strict deadlines. Attention to detail, maintaining records and time management are essential.
- You will need you have worked and thrived as part of small team and have worked independently when necessary.
- You will have a quick, practical brain, always looking to try and see why problems occur and find creative ways to solve them.
- You will be expected to be flexible and adapt to changing needs, and be able to demonstrate delivering results under pressure.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- A related degree or equivalent qualification is desirable, but not essential.
Application is by CV and covering letter ONLY via our website