2 Posts, Permanent
37 hours per week
Darlington Borough Council’s vehicle maintenance team has two vacancies for a HGV Technicians.
You will assist in providing a repair and maintenance service to vehicles, plant and equipment, for both internal and external customers.
You should have approximately three years’ experience working as a technician/mechanic on diesel engines, petrol engines, transmissions, hydraulics and electrical and have some heavy goods vehicle fitting experience.
The workshop is open Monday to Friday between 7.00am to 6.00pm (5.30pm on a Friday) and there is a two week shift rota in place, alternating between and early and late shift.
As an employer we can offer you: -
• Modern working environment in a purpose built workshop, working with modern equipment and technology
• 31 days holiday plus bank holidays
• An opportunity to join the local government pension scheme
• Child care vouchers (salary sacrifice)
• Cycle to work scheme in partnership with Halfords (salary sacrifice)
• Additional leave purchase scheme (salary sacrifice)
• Ongoing training and development
• Access to Occupational Health, physiotherapy and counselling services
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
To apply please complete an application form, available on the Darlington Borough Council website.
Vacancy ID: 007696