Student and Academic Support Officer
Job Title:Student and Academic Support Officer
Role Type: Perm and FTC opportunities available
Salary: £22,500 (Dependent on experience)
Having experienced massive success, including our recent Queen’s Award for Enterprise (2013), LSBF are aiming to become one of the world’s most respected providers of business education. With a growing presence on a global scale, coupled with continued plans for expansion, this is an excellent time to join our truly dynamic and innovative business.
This is the first and last point of contact for all students studying with us. The role holder will work collaboratively with other student support officers as a team to provide basic advice and referral to students, the head of executive education and consultants (faculty). This position shall be the first point of contact for individual students, and be responsible for the provision of day to day enquiry handling for specific courses/programmes, offering advice and support. The student support officer ultimately act as a referral point, to provide students with support, guidance, information and impartial advice.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Provide the department head with ad-hoc admin requests i.e. collection and collation of data from database, producing charts and tables using Excel, data entry and other ad hoc requests
- Processing application forms
- Carrying out all general administrative duties such as responding to faxes, emails and telephone enquiries, printing materials and making ID cards
- Required to maintain an up-to-date
- knowledge of all relevant course provided throughout the School and specifically within Executive Education
- Maintain and keep up to date classroom registers
- First point of contact for students either through face to face, email or telephone
- Contact relevant staff or departments internally (or externally if needed) regarding student queries, informing students once a decision has been made by the special considerations committee
- Provide support and guidance for all new and existing students
- Deal with students queries regarding their exam and assignment results
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree Level
- Previous experience in customer service
- Dealt with difficult customers
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Producing reports on excel or bespoke databases
- Data entry in a demanding environment
- Excellent IT skills including MS packages, email
- Knowledge of the PG Cert courses at LSBF
- Awareness of different cultures and overcoming language barriers
- Excellent telephone and face to face costumer service skills
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work at a fast pace to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good eye for detail
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
LSBF is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.